Field Service Engineer (m/f) based in Stockholm
- Here your comprehensive technical know-how comes into play: You ensure our major customers excellent technical service in the greater area of Southern Sweden, Helsingborg and Malmö. You will report to the service manager and our office is located in Gothenburg.
- You are always close to our customers: You are the link between them and EOS by installing, maintaining and, as required, quickly and reliably repairing our systems on site. You are also responsible for the instruction of the customer teams.
- Your area of responsibility doesn't stop with personal contact: You also support customers and colleagues on the telephone and with your knowledge you hand out the right advice.
Along with your communicative personality, which makes you more confident dealing with customers, you have a proactive and structured approach and the ability to keep a cool head even in critical situations.
Alongside you bring with you:
- Certification within electrical / mechanical engineering or a similar apprenticeship, or education as a Mechatronics Engineer (m/f) or Electrical Engineer (m/f)
- Experience in dealing with customers and complex machines
- A car driving license
- Good Swedish and English language skills
With about 1000 employees in 12 locations worldwide, EOS is the development and production partner of choice for industry in Europe, America and Asia. We aim to extend our technological lead and thus further strengthen our market position. We are looking for dedicated individuals passionate about this technology who will pursue these goals with us and who are able to respond to new challenges flexibly. We offer exciting career prospects and an attractive benefit package.
You are the ideal candidate for our team if you really want to make a difference and strive for personal advancement. Can you use autonomy and a creative environment to make your ideas come true? Then do not hesitate to send your application in English which should state your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. If you have any questions, please contact Julia Sambeth.
Open since: September, 19th 2017