Additive Manufacturing Engineer – Polymers
We are looking for 2 new employees - one for Pflugerville, TX and one for Novi, MI.
Welcome to the EOS team! Discover the unlimited opportunities that our working environment offers in all things concerning additive manufacturing. Stir up international markets as a part of an independent family business.
As a member of the Applications Development Team, you perform and support internal and external development projects to maximize the impact and drive the adoption of additive manufacturing technology.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Operation of Additive Manufacturing equipment and software to design, build and post-process customer-specific Polymer benchmark parts
- Train customers and colleagues on Additive Manufacturing on design guidelines, build strategies, and machine operation
- Technical project management to include the design of experiments, analysis of results, and the production and communication of results to stakeholders
- Leading new hardware, process, and material innovations into our intellectual property portfolio
- Understand the needs of our customers, translate into technical projects, and deliver to expand EOS offerings and capabilities
- Actively maintain knowledge management portfolio in order to document and communicate progress and transfer knowledge to other engineers
- Provide technical expertise in PFMEA studies and risk assessment effort for polymer laser sintering processes
HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Do you have a passion for Additive Manufacturing and would like to become a part of our innovative Polymer team?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the field of material science, polymer chemistry, or mechanical engineering
- Min. 2 years experience in laser sintering, polymer additive manufacturing, or polymer based focus in corporate R&D preferred
- Experience with thermoplastics such as nylons, polypropylene, PEKK, preferably composites
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing, powder-bed based technologies, is preferred
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments) methods
- Software skills: Magics, Solidworks, Matlab, project tracking software, lattice software preferred
- Manual skill and a distinct ability to think and perceive in three dimensions
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks running simultaneously
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Willingness to occasionally travel for business purposes
- Enjoy collaboration and shared success, while able to provide technical leadership
HERE'S WHAT WE OFFER YOU AT EOS:
- Varied tasks and the opportunity to drive forward a long-lasting, sustainable technology that offers great benefit to society
- Plenty of leeway for design in order to develop ideas for the future and take on responsibility
- Constant development through continuous technical exchange, courses and training at our EOS Campus
- And, above all, a caring employer with a culture of practiced values and great additional benefits and work conditions that are something to be proud of
Shape your fascination for technology with a pioneer of 3D printing – nowhere else will you have the chance to frame the future so directly than at EOS! Take the next step forward in your career and apply now.
Open since: May, 7th 2019